ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Push-pull or push-push pots for LP

10/5/2000 7:11 PM
Skoorb
email
Push-pull or push-push pots for LP
Anybody know where I can get long-shafted push-pull or push-push pots for a Les Paul ? I have looked a good bit and don´t seem to find anything so maybe somebody out there knows. Thanks for all help.

10/6/2000 12:12 AM
Ian Anderson
email

If you're in the UK, Pincott's are good for all that sort of stuff - I got some of those 'pointers' for the pots on my LP so I can mix the p/ups to taste easily, plus they look cool :)  

... Ian

Tuesday
Book Of The Day The Ultimate Tone, Volume III by Kevin O'Connor
Have you ever wondered if there is a better way to build a Bassman, Champ, Plexi, an 800, AC-30, Bulldog or Portaflex? Or you wanted to build an SVT with off-the-shelf parts? How about a master-volume amp that doesn’t change tone with the master setting? Everything you need to know is right here, including: proper grounding techniques, wiring methods, and mechanical considerations. Eighteen chapters cover the “iconic” amps everyone knows and loves, with schematics and layouts for each, along with the technical history of the product. Eyelet-board and chassis-mounted tube socket construction is used throughout, for easy servicing and modding. TUT3 is very accessible even if you cannot fully read a schematic and is a "must have" if you are going to build an amp for your self.

Note: The Ampage Archive is an Amazon Associate site. A small commission is paid to the site owner on any qualified purchase made after clicking an associate link such as the one above.

10/6/2000 12:55 AM
Skoorb
email

Ian - you forget me already ? Iceland is home for me remember ? Does this Pincott´s have a web-site ?And BTW - did you buy that Showman you (or your bass player) were looking at ? Thanks

10/6/2000 9:46 PM
Ian Anderson
email

Skoorb,  

Sorry about that, I'm terrible with names. That SF Bassman was sold by the time the bass player in my band got round to looking at it :(  

Pincotts don't have a website as far as I know - I'll try and dig out the catalogue I've got for their contact details.  

Email me to remind me on if I don't post the info in the next few days.  

... Ian

10/8/2000 10:09 AM
Mike B
email

Hey Skoorb, you might try Musicians Friend at www.musciansfriend.com. They're a huge mail oreder outfit here in the states. They have most everything.  
Cheers  
Mike

10/8/2000 10:22 AM
Liam
email

Skoorb,  

If you remove the shielding plate and replace it with foil you can use the ordinary switched pots in the tone control positions (usually). That's what I did.  

Liam

10/9/2000 12:38 PM
Skoorb
email

Thanks guys - I was wondering about that shielding plate and its´ purpose. It is the only thing I can see that is stopping me from getting regular pots in there. Weird though cause the old LP´s I have seen are routed different in the control area and you would have to have long shafted pots in them. Thanks again

Page 1 of 2 Next> Last Page>>