ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Standel schematics?

6/4/2000 3:10 PM
Randy Jamz
email
Standel schematics?
Anyone have a source for a schematic for a Standel 25L15? It's an oddball, with 807 output tubes. Thanks in advance for the help.  
Randy.

6/5/2000 1:39 AM
Graywater
email

Randy,  

If you're using 807s the amp should be old enough to easily trace the wiring. The 807 was one of the first beam power tubes and is essentially a higher voltage 6L6 variant widely used for RF work. After WWII there was a glut of war surplus 807s on the market and they enjoyed a heyday as audio output tubes - roughly 46-53, or so until the 5881 was introduced by Tungsol in 1950 became a standard. Good 807s are still available quite cheap and this sounds like a good restoration project.  

GW

Sunday
Book Of The Day The Ultimate Tone, Volume III by Kevin O'Connor
Have you ever wondered if there is a better way to build a Bassman, Champ, Plexi, an 800, AC-30, Bulldog or Portaflex? Or you wanted to build an SVT with off-the-shelf parts? How about a master-volume amp that doesn’t change tone with the master setting? Everything you need to know is right here, including: proper grounding techniques, wiring methods, and mechanical considerations. Eighteen chapters cover the “iconic” amps everyone knows and loves, with schematics and layouts for each, along with the technical history of the product. Eyelet-board and chassis-mounted tube socket construction is used throughout, for easy servicing and modding. TUT3 is very accessible even if you cannot fully read a schematic and is a "must have" if you are going to build an amp for your self.

Note: The Ampage Archive is an Amazon Associate site. A small commission is paid to the site owner on any qualified purchase made after clicking an associate link such as the one above.

6/6/2000 5:23 PM
JoeArthur
email

Just a question that came to mind when I saw the title...  

Does anyone remember and know model numbers or names to a solid state standel series that was issued in the late 60's?  

Each part of the series was considered "modular" and was (this is memory) about 24" wide, 16-18" tall, maybe 12-14" deep, and maybe two or three modules could be mounted on a stand... the intent being to rotate the module for proper sound projection.  

Essentially three module types... an extention speaker type, a powered extention speaker type, and a "control" module... with speaker and amp... essentially a combo.  

They used dual concentric controls. The grille was like extruded metal, and the speakers were port/folded horn loaded, with slots on both sides of the cabinet.  

And I believe rumor was that the electronics were potted... since everyone knows solid state lasts forever.  

I want to get a schematic for the control module of the series... but I don't know what to ask for.  

Thanks for any help.

8/18/2000 2:42 PM
Winnie Thomas
email

And I believe rumor was that the electronics were potted...

Most of us were potted in the late sixties, but we all didn't last forever...  

Winnie

8/18/2000 9:40 PM
Monty
email

> Comments and advice about Winnie's sense of humor deleted <  

Anyway, Standell's homepage goes into the history, a bit. They might could help.  
http://www.requisiteaudio.com/standel.html

8/19/2000 3:12 AM
Winnie Thomas
email

> Comments and advice about Winnie's sense of humor deleted <

Now Monty... I do work for the State's alcohol and drug abuse division...  

Winnie

Page 1 of 1