ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Crate G40XL schematic

6/6/2000 1:36 AM
Chris
email
Crate G40XL schematic
Hi !  

I'm searching for a Crate G40XL schematic/layout-drawing .  

It's a 80s (?) solidstate combo .  

(Yes , I do like good amps ......) 8-)  

I didn't see any schematics/email-adress on the site of Crate .  

In any case : many thanks !  

Chris

6/6/2000 10:10 PM
Graywater
email

Chris,  

SLM technical support is (800)738-7563 and they will gladly sell you the schematic for cheap. But, what's wrong with your G40XL?  

GW

Wednesday
Book Of The Day The Ultimate Tone, Volume III by Kevin O'Connor
Have you ever wondered if there is a better way to build a Bassman, Champ, Plexi, an 800, AC-30, Bulldog or Portaflex? Or you wanted to build an SVT with off-the-shelf parts? How about a master-volume amp that doesn’t change tone with the master setting? Everything you need to know is right here, including: proper grounding techniques, wiring methods, and mechanical considerations. Eighteen chapters cover the “iconic” amps everyone knows and loves, with schematics and layouts for each, along with the technical history of the product. Eyelet-board and chassis-mounted tube socket construction is used throughout, for easy servicing and modding. TUT3 is very accessible even if you cannot fully read a schematic and is a "must have" if you are going to build an amp for your self.

Note: The Ampage Archive is an Amazon Associate site. A small commission is paid to the site owner on any qualified purchase made after clicking an associate link such as the one above.

6/6/2000 10:26 PM
Chris
email

I bought this amp very cheap ( +/- $10 ) with a Celestion G12M70 . It was "broken" and no-one was able to repair that , after checking and fixing some PCB-traces the amp is o.k. .  

I did use the Celestion for a customer and did install a 70s Fender speaker .  

At this moment I'm using this amp ( coupled with a Pignose and a nice sounding Ibanez IBZ510 -schematic also needed - ) at home .  

I would like to have more adjustment at the lower gains of the lead-channel .  

I've little time at this moment so a schematic would be very easy . B.t.w. I do live in the Netherlands , Europe .  

Thanks for the info and have a good time !  

Chris

6/6/2000 10:58 PM
Graywater
email

Chris,  

Had to look through my old e-mail files but the SLM service address is: service@slme.com  

As to modifying the thang - I really wouldn't bother.  

GW

6/6/2000 11:57 PM
Chris
email

Thanks !  

"As to modifying the thang - I really wouldn't bother."  

Maybe a resistor on the gain-pot to smooth the control-range ?  

Chris

Page 1 of 1