ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Fender Musicmaster bass amplifier schematics???

7/2/2000 3:35 AM
fopoman Fender Musicmaster bass amplifier schematics???
Has anyone seen these...  

Nathan

7/2/2000 4:18 AM
Casey4s
email

Nathan,  

Yes there are two versions of that amp. The early one has 6AQ5 outputs and the later version has 6V6* output tubes. Other than that they are pretty much the same. There is a schematic for the 6V6* version on the Fender Amp Field guide (and a photo of my amp) the url is http://www.ampwares.com/ffg at least I think that's right.  

They are nice little 12Watt amps, at least for guitar, they suck as a bass amp. It uses a small transformer for the phase inverter, that's why there is only one preamp tube. I had a stock CTS speaker in mine that was awful so I put a 10" speaker in it to brighten it up a little.  

Casey4s

Tuesday
Book Of The Day The Ultimate Tone, Volume III by Kevin O'Connor
Have you ever wondered if there is a better way to build a Bassman, Champ, Plexi, an 800, AC-30, Bulldog or Portaflex? Or you wanted to build an SVT with off-the-shelf parts? How about a master-volume amp that doesn’t change tone with the master setting? Everything you need to know is right here, including: proper grounding techniques, wiring methods, and mechanical considerations. Eighteen chapters cover the “iconic” amps everyone knows and loves, with schematics and layouts for each, along with the technical history of the product. Eyelet-board and chassis-mounted tube socket construction is used throughout, for easy servicing and modding. TUT3 is very accessible even if you cannot fully read a schematic and is a "must have" if you are going to build an amp for your self.

Note: The Ampage Archive is an Amazon Associate site. A small commission is paid to the site owner on any qualified purchase made after clicking an associate link such as the one above.

7/2/2000 4:29 PM
fopoman
Thanks for the info, it's a smaller 12 watt amp.Any more info would be appreciated.  
Nathan

7/2/2000 4:52 PM
Casey4s
email

Yes Nathan, both versions are 12 watts. Most of the info about these amps is on the Fender Field Guide.  

Casey4s

7/3/2000 4:58 PM
dutch
email

Hi-  

There's only two differences between the early and late version:  

1: the power tubes--but the 6AQ5 uses the same support circuitry, so it's just a matter of figuring out the pinout.  

2: the power switching arrangement--the early model uses a switch on the back of either the volume or tone control (I forget which, and it's not here at "work" with me...) where the later model has a Champ style slide switch over by the pilot lamp  

C ya,  
Dutch

Page 1 of 1