ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Article on my mod to the RI Deluxe Reverb.

11/19/1999 9:48 PM
nic
email
Article on my mod to the RI Deluxe Reverb.
Please tell me what you think!  

http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Lounge/1184/deluxe.html  

thanks,  
nic  

11/20/1999 2:49 AM
ginette
email

Looks good but i can't get past pg.2. Seems to  
lock.

Monday
Book Of The Day The Ultimate Tone, Volume III by Kevin O'Connor
Have you ever wondered if there is a better way to build a Bassman, Champ, Plexi, an 800, AC-30, Bulldog or Portaflex? Or you wanted to build an SVT with off-the-shelf parts? How about a master-volume amp that doesn’t change tone with the master setting? Everything you need to know is right here, including: proper grounding techniques, wiring methods, and mechanical considerations. Eighteen chapters cover the “iconic” amps everyone knows and loves, with schematics and layouts for each, along with the technical history of the product. Eyelet-board and chassis-mounted tube socket construction is used throughout, for easy servicing and modding. TUT3 is very accessible even if you cannot fully read a schematic and is a "must have" if you are going to build an amp for your self.

Note: The Ampage Archive is an Amazon Associate site. A small commission is paid to the site owner on any qualified purchase made after clicking an associate link such as the one above.

11/20/1999 3:02 AM
nic
email

Really? I just tried it out and had no problems. Maybe Geocities was running slow...  

nic

11/20/1999 7:12 AM
Steve A.
email
Seems to be a Java problem with your article... (maybe tboy can help!)
nic:  

Your article looks interesting but I was also unable to go past page two— at least without typing in the filenames in the URL box of my browser (NS 4.6). "deluxethree.html" and "sources.html" for anybody else who wants to know... the rest of the story (apologies to Paul Harvey!)  

I believe that my browser is choking on the Java script used on your page. In fact, after viewing your page two different times I had to reboot my computer because Netscape started acting really weird (weirder than normal, that is).  

I was just corresponding with someone who had put his own site up and he had been advised to keep his pages simple and to avoid Java altogether. I agree with that 100%, and would further suggest that you keep your filenames lowercase, using the 8+3 format, just for compatibility with hopefully all browsers and servers.  

IMHO 95+% of the sites out there (commercial as well as personal) have very little content so they *need* the Java applets to keep their visitors entertained. Your article is interesting and doesn't need the bells and whistles...  

I do like the way you were able to format your pages, presumably using Java to make the columns and for snaking the text around the picture. (Wish I could do that with my HTML pages!) I believe that R.G. Keen has been using the plug-ins for Word to achieve the column format of his home page...  

Maybe tboy can step in with some advice because this fancy HTML/Java stuff is way over my head!  

Steve Ahola

11/20/1999 7:14 AM
Bruce
email

Mine chokes on the script too Steve.  
right here....  

http://www.geocities.com/toto?s=76000017&l=NE&b=1&t=943081325  

Bruce  

11/20/1999 7:19 AM
dave
email

Crash!

11/20/1999 12:56 PM
BWilliamson
email
Geocities Rant....
I get that java error on any Geocities sight I visit. I originally put the Boxer site up on Geo and that error drove me insane. I didn't use any scripts or applets. I believe it is something they put in to track/monitor/pester innocent web-browers.  

I'm pretty happy with Xoom--except for that damn menu bar at the top of the page. If you don't let the whole page load and click a link you'll have two of the damn things on the next page.

Page 1 of 5 Next> Last Page>>