ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

narrow g-10 turret boards

6/2/2000 2:41 AM
Nigel Brewer
email
narrow g-10 turret boards
I would like to find some narrow 2 inch wide and about 12 inches long g-10boards. Any ideas of who will supply these? I like the way the old Hiwatt amps were laid out and I would like to base my homebrew amp project on that example.

6/2/2000 2:50 AM
BWilliamson
email

I used some boards I bought from Hoffman and cut them to 2" widths myself. I believe he gets them in 3 1/8" widths and cuts to length by hand.  

Charles over at Swamp said he could get it done, but he seems MIA for over the past month(best wishes).  

I checked out the stuff at McMaster, you'd have to cut them down yourself.  

Can't think of anybody else, and none of these really help you. Maybe one of the Ampage locals can cut you a deal. ha-ha  

bw

Sunday
Book Of The Day The Ultimate Tone, Volume III by Kevin O'Connor
Have you ever wondered if there is a better way to build a Bassman, Champ, Plexi, an 800, AC-30, Bulldog or Portaflex? Or you wanted to build an SVT with off-the-shelf parts? How about a master-volume amp that doesn’t change tone with the master setting? Everything you need to know is right here, including: proper grounding techniques, wiring methods, and mechanical considerations. Eighteen chapters cover the “iconic” amps everyone knows and loves, with schematics and layouts for each, along with the technical history of the product. Eyelet-board and chassis-mounted tube socket construction is used throughout, for easy servicing and modding. TUT3 is very accessible even if you cannot fully read a schematic and is a "must have" if you are going to build an amp for your self.

Note: The Ampage Archive is an Amazon Associate site. A small commission is paid to the site owner on any qualified purchase made after clicking an associate link such as the one above.

6/2/2000 3:34 AM
Bruce
email

I have a few sheets of 1/16" thick G10.  
If you email me, I can help you out if that is thick enough for what you are doing.  
I might even have some Phenolic board with turrets on them that might work.  
Bruce

6/2/2000 4:52 PM
Andrew M
email

Keystone makes a variety of turret boards it you are looking to buy pre-made boards. They are available through Mouser (among others). You can see their on-line catalog or get a free paper version at:  
http://www.keyelco.com/  

Andrew.

6/5/2000 2:55 PM
Ray Ivers
email

Nigel,  

These are not G-10, but perhaps they can made from that special order...  

International Audio Group (E-mail hiag@dashlink.com, phone (254) 699-8702) looks like they can make you almost anything you want ("...boards can be ordered in any configuration...furnish a diagram...") The ad in the March issue of Glass Audio magazine shows some nice-looking FR4 epoxy laminate turret boards with and without tube socket holes - they also show two boards that look really narrow, like maybe 1/2" or so.  

Ray Ivers  
R.A.G.E. Electronics

Page 1 of 1