ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

New at GEO

6/14/2000 2:44 AM
R.G.
email
New at GEO
I put up two new items at GEO.  

One is the Multi-Vol discrete volume selector. This provides up to six preset volume levels combined with four stages of level boost that are immediately accessable by a tap of your toe. Dial in the perfect levels, and then go back to them perfectly. Also plugs in random access to a variable volume pedal when you need it.  

Also, some extensions to the Millenium 2 to shunt inputs to ground on high gain devices when the effect is bypassed.

6/14/2000 2:54 AM
Eric H
email

R.G., you forgot the filename on the mult-vol link,(access denied) so I guessed and got it at:  
http://www.geofex.com/Article_Folders/multivol/multivol.htm  

-Eric

Tuesday
Book Of The Day The Ultimate Tone, Volume III by Kevin O'Connor
Have you ever wondered if there is a better way to build a Bassman, Champ, Plexi, an 800, AC-30, Bulldog or Portaflex? Or you wanted to build an SVT with off-the-shelf parts? How about a master-volume amp that doesn’t change tone with the master setting? Everything you need to know is right here, including: proper grounding techniques, wiring methods, and mechanical considerations. Eighteen chapters cover the “iconic” amps everyone knows and loves, with schematics and layouts for each, along with the technical history of the product. Eyelet-board and chassis-mounted tube socket construction is used throughout, for easy servicing and modding. TUT3 is very accessible even if you cannot fully read a schematic and is a "must have" if you are going to build an amp for your self.

Note: The Ampage Archive is an Amazon Associate site. A small commission is paid to the site owner on any qualified purchase made after clicking an associate link such as the one above.

6/14/2000 3:01 AM
Eric H
email

Oh yeah, looks pretty cool (I seldom hit just what I'm looking for with my vol. pedal --I get pretty nervous on stage :( )  

Don't think I can whip this out before bed tonite, though.  

-Eric

6/14/2000 12:43 PM
R.G.
email

Thanks! I'll go fix the html.

6/14/2000 3:01 AM
brentl
Wow. A lot more interesting than I thought. Congratulations on creating something quite original.

6/14/2000 12:50 PM
R.G.
email

The inspiration came from Claude, who was quite clear in asking for several pre-settable volume levels. He says that hitting a specific level is tough for him to do in a hurry, so he wanted several pre-set ones that he could select from, including the option of using a variable rocker pedal as well.  

Once he described to me what was needed, it was pretty simple to use the CMOS switches and combine that with the one-of-N footswitch selector from my programmable FX switcher to get to the whole mess. Everyone does recognize that the thing works for any number of presets up to eight, right?  

It was kind of fun - I got to throw in the pot tapering trick, CMOS switches, CMOS footswitching, normalling jacks, Millenium Bypass, all kinds of stuff.  

I'll have more detail behind it, including parts description and maybe a layout if time permits. But the technical level here is such that I think several of you could build it from what is there now.

6/14/2000 4:16 PM
zachary vex
why not replace the selector with a sequencer driven manually or by a clock? that way your preset volumes could be automatically and rhythmically stepped through as a sequenced tremolo.  

zachary vex

Page 1 of 3 Next> Last Page>>