ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Sweet thing PCB question

5/15/2000 3:27 AM
Jake
email
Sweet thing PCB question
Hi Doug, Did you get my email asking about the Sweet thing PCB? When I printed out the PCB it measured 2.5 inches by 15/16ths. Is this OK, or do I need to enlarge it. It looks as if I can get everything on, but I don't want to start and then realize I have to start over. Please let me know.  

I gotta try this with my '74 blackfaced duluxe, which may not sound as good as some of these amps mentioned, but kicks but with the booster 2.5!  

Jake

5/15/2000 3:29 AM
Jake
email

huh, meant to place this with the sweet thing thread below.. agh, all I had to do was chagne the type in the subject space. Duh.

Wednesday
Book Of The Day The Ultimate Tone, Volume III by Kevin O'Connor
Have you ever wondered if there is a better way to build a Bassman, Champ, Plexi, an 800, AC-30, Bulldog or Portaflex? Or you wanted to build an SVT with off-the-shelf parts? How about a master-volume amp that doesn’t change tone with the master setting? Everything you need to know is right here, including: proper grounding techniques, wiring methods, and mechanical considerations. Eighteen chapters cover the “iconic” amps everyone knows and loves, with schematics and layouts for each, along with the technical history of the product. Eyelet-board and chassis-mounted tube socket construction is used throughout, for easy servicing and modding. TUT3 is very accessible even if you cannot fully read a schematic and is a "must have" if you are going to build an amp for your self.

Note: The Ampage Archive is an Amazon Associate site. A small commission is paid to the site owner on any qualified purchase made after clicking an associate link such as the one above.

5/15/2000 12:23 PM
Doug
email

Jake,  

Yes, I got your email but didn't get a chance to reply yesterday. The PCB should be 3 inches long. That makes the width around 1-1/8 inches, I believe.  

I need to stick some dimensions on my PCB layouts so it will be clearer how to print them out.  

That goes on the list of web page updates I need to make...;-)  

Doug

5/16/2000 10:25 PM
Jake
email

Thanks Doug. For those of you using WINGIF, trim the PCB by marking a box around it with your mouse and chosing "trim" under Edit. Then under Edit select "resize" at the bottom and enter 8.3 for the scale. That will give you a board of exactly 3 inches in length. (don't flip or rotate.)  

Jake

Page 1 of 1