ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Boss Super overdrive SD-1

4/4/2000 8:26 AM
Mitch
email
Boss Super overdrive SD-1
Here is a good question to some one familar with this pedal. I have a old SD-1 and want to increase the bass responce and gain in this pedal. Any one have any good mods to share? Thanks.  

4/4/2000 11:30 AM
GFR
email

Most mods for the Tube Screamer also apply to the Super Overdriver, as the circuits are very similar. Take a look at  
http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Studio/2987  
for a schematic of the Super OD and then take a look at  
http://www.geofex.com for some TS mods.  

PS. The fat screamer on Plate to Plate will also work with the Super OD.

Monday
Book Of The Day The Ultimate Tone, Volume III by Kevin O'Connor
Have you ever wondered if there is a better way to build a Bassman, Champ, Plexi, an 800, AC-30, Bulldog or Portaflex? Or you wanted to build an SVT with off-the-shelf parts? How about a master-volume amp that doesn’t change tone with the master setting? Everything you need to know is right here, including: proper grounding techniques, wiring methods, and mechanical considerations. Eighteen chapters cover the “iconic” amps everyone knows and loves, with schematics and layouts for each, along with the technical history of the product. Eyelet-board and chassis-mounted tube socket construction is used throughout, for easy servicing and modding. TUT3 is very accessible even if you cannot fully read a schematic and is a "must have" if you are going to build an amp for your self.

Note: The Ampage Archive is an Amazon Associate site. A small commission is paid to the site owner on any qualified purchase made after clicking an associate link such as the one above.

4/5/2000 6:32 AM
bill
email

is the SD-1 a pretty satisfying pedal as is?
(just bought one off internet)
thanks, bill

4/5/2000 11:42 AM
GFR
email

I like it.

4/5/2000 6:09 PM
Jeff S
email

Bill,  
I bought my SD-1 used, probably 8 years ago (it was my first stompbox). It's a very useful pedal when you need drive and/or light unobtrussive distortion. I often run it with my Boss CS-3 (compression/sustain), Big Muff, and Boss CE-3 (chorus)to get good huge singing tone (ie, Dave Gilmour). By itself, it's good for naturalistic and thin tones. It doesnt alter the integrety of your guitar's tonal character. Very versitile. I've never had a single problem with mine, and its old and well abused (I dont baby my gear!). Definitly recommended. Take care.  

Jeff S.

4/6/2000 7:56 AM
Xavier
email

I think you might try the OD-3, that  
is exactly what you´re looking for.  
Think of it as a SD-1 with MUCHO bass  
and 20% more gain. I have both and  
now I use the SD-1 as a booster for soloing.  
I think this is an easier solution than  
messing with your pedal

4/7/2000 6:12 AM
Jim Radmer
email

I too uses the SD-1 for solo boost with gain set at about 1/3 and volume boost.  

The midrage lift suits solos but I don't like it on rythm sounds.

Page 1 of 2 Next> Last Page>>