ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Parts For Shaka Braddah

12/27/1999 10:26 PM
Llamma
email
Parts For Shaka Braddah
Hi Guys, Just A Quick Question, What are the J201 Fets in The Shaka Braddah as I can't find anything by that ID Number, Can Someone tell me what they are in General Terms Even the guys at the Electronics store had never heard of them??  

TIA  

Llamma

12/28/1999 6:38 AM
aron
email

They are JFETs (small signal I believe). Similar to MPF102 which I am sure they must have heard of. Order from Tech America (RadioShack.com) or Future electronics. Both listed on my web site.  

Aron

Friday
Book Of The Day The Ultimate Tone, Volume III by Kevin O'Connor
Have you ever wondered if there is a better way to build a Bassman, Champ, Plexi, an 800, AC-30, Bulldog or Portaflex? Or you wanted to build an SVT with off-the-shelf parts? How about a master-volume amp that doesn’t change tone with the master setting? Everything you need to know is right here, including: proper grounding techniques, wiring methods, and mechanical considerations. Eighteen chapters cover the “iconic” amps everyone knows and loves, with schematics and layouts for each, along with the technical history of the product. Eyelet-board and chassis-mounted tube socket construction is used throughout, for easy servicing and modding. TUT3 is very accessible even if you cannot fully read a schematic and is a "must have" if you are going to build an amp for your self.

Note: The Ampage Archive is an Amazon Associate site. A small commission is paid to the site owner on any qualified purchase made after clicking an associate link such as the one above.

12/28/1999 3:26 PM
AMZ
email

If you cannot find the J201, try NTE458. Also the MPF102 and 2N5457 will work if you select jfets with enough gain. Other possible subs are the 2N5484, 2N5486, BF245A or 2SK117A.  

There is a test jig to select jfets for the Fet Muff article at http://www.muzique.com/amz/fetmuff.htm and it can be used to select devices for my mini-booster which is in the Shaka.  

Devices in the test setup that require a drain resistor of 6.8k and higher to reach 1/2 V+ on the drain would work well.  

regards, Jack

Page 1 of 1