ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Univox EC-100

12/19/1999 2:54 AM
Mike Rioux
email
Univox EC-100
I picked up an early 70s Univox EC-100 tape echo really cheap but it is dead. Would anyone have any info/schematic for it. The tape transport, speed control and tape cartridge are fine. I'd really like to bring it back to life. Any info welcome.

12/19/1999 1:27 PM
Brad
email

Mike,  
You might try e-mailing AnalogMike@aol.com. I know he has a EC80 listed, maybe he has an EC100. I have an EC100, also, but can't find a tape for it. If you know of any, please let me know. Also, could you look inside yours and tell me what the value of the Echo Volume pot is? I removed mine years ago to replace it, and it got lost in the big move. (Just found this again in my "junk box".)  
Thanks,  
Brad

Saturday
Book Of The Day The Ultimate Tone, Volume III by Kevin O'Connor
Have you ever wondered if there is a better way to build a Bassman, Champ, Plexi, an 800, AC-30, Bulldog or Portaflex? Or you wanted to build an SVT with off-the-shelf parts? How about a master-volume amp that doesn’t change tone with the master setting? Everything you need to know is right here, including: proper grounding techniques, wiring methods, and mechanical considerations. Eighteen chapters cover the “iconic” amps everyone knows and loves, with schematics and layouts for each, along with the technical history of the product. Eyelet-board and chassis-mounted tube socket construction is used throughout, for easy servicing and modding. TUT3 is very accessible even if you cannot fully read a schematic and is a "must have" if you are going to build an amp for your self.

Note: The Ampage Archive is an Amazon Associate site. A small commission is paid to the site owner on any qualified purchase made after clicking an associate link such as the one above.

12/20/1999 7:16 AM
Mike Rioux
email

AnalogMan has the tape cartidges $30.00 for two. As for the value of the echo pot I'll let you know in a day or two once I go to pick it up from my buddies house.

1/3/2000 10:57 PM
Mike Rioux
email
Echo volume pot
Brad the echo volume pot is 5k audio taper. I still don't have mine up and running yet.Well I guess I'll take it to a freind who is a tech and let him trouble shoot it. I picked it up for twenty bucks so I can't complane. Schematic anyone?

Page 1 of 1