ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Infos on MN3XXX clocks and BBDs

10/21/1999 9:05 AM
Nyquist
email
Infos on MN3XXX clocks and BBDs
I would like to know where I could find information on the MN3XXX series chips as I have got a few of them here from old chorus units and would like to use them in Flanger/Delay units.  
I am also interested in the NE572/555 chips.  

Anyone? Mark Hammer?  

Thanks in advance.

10/21/1999 1:54 PM
R.G.
email

The data sheets are on line somewhere. Maybe do a search on "panasonic" or "Matsushita" and "MN3*" could turn them up.

Tuesday
Book Of The Day The Ultimate Tone, Volume III by Kevin O'Connor
Have you ever wondered if there is a better way to build a Bassman, Champ, Plexi, an 800, AC-30, Bulldog or Portaflex? Or you wanted to build an SVT with off-the-shelf parts? How about a master-volume amp that doesn’t change tone with the master setting? Everything you need to know is right here, including: proper grounding techniques, wiring methods, and mechanical considerations. Eighteen chapters cover the “iconic” amps everyone knows and loves, with schematics and layouts for each, along with the technical history of the product. Eyelet-board and chassis-mounted tube socket construction is used throughout, for easy servicing and modding. TUT3 is very accessible even if you cannot fully read a schematic and is a "must have" if you are going to build an amp for your self.

Note: The Ampage Archive is an Amazon Associate site. A small commission is paid to the site owner on any qualified purchase made after clicking an associate link such as the one above.

10/21/1999 3:30 PM
Gus
DigiKey sells a book with specs and circuits

10/21/1999 3:49 PM
Nyquist
email

Do you have their address or e-mail?

10/21/1999 4:21 PM
Mark Hammer
We had a thread about this earlier in the year (before all the AMPAGE changes), and that's how I got my information.  

I forget the exact URL, but I do know that you have to go to the Japanese Panasonic site and not the American or European one. They have datasheets posted in PDF format. I would have sent you my copies, but foolishly I printed them out and deleted the files.

10/21/1999 11:08 PM
Mike I.
email

Just found the "effects" section of this BBS after all these weeks..have some reading to do. To get info on the MN3xxx chips go to the Panasonic website at www.mec.panasonic.co.jp  
Select English, then select Panasonic Semiconductor, then select Product Info, then select Electronic Catalog, then select "BBD Series for Audio Applications" in the parametric search. A bit long winded, but typing in the full URL does not seem to work.  
PDF files for most of the MN30xx, MN32xx and the new MN33xx series may be downloaded from here. The new MN33xx series is spec'd for 3 volt operation, but has poorer S/N than the higher voltage versions. Could be nice for 2 penlight cell type stuff.  

10/22/1999 2:02 PM
Nyquist
email

Thanks very much to all of you!  

I find those chips and the 57* series (compressors/expanders) very inspirational, if one can say that.  
And a friend is going to give me a dead Memory Man, so I'd better start studying now!

Page 1 of 1