ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

 
Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

MXR envelope folower ckt?


 
9/1/1999 1:32 PM
paul perry
email
MXR envelope folower ckt?
This is embarassing, I promised someone a copy of the ckt for a MXR envelope follower filter, BUT, I have mislaid it!! (my house is covered in piles of paper etc.. I live alone, you can imagine!)  
 
If anyone knows a site, I'd appreciate it. It's a quite unique ckt.
 
9/3/1999 10:28 PM
Mark Hammer
email

I can send you a scan of my own hand-drawn schematic. It would have been posted somewhere earlier, but I haven't been able to find the time to verify its accuracy, so I didn't want to disseminate anything that would frustrate people. I would put it at being at least 95% accurate, though, and those of you with the EE chops can probably intuit where the other 5% lies. I have a scan of the PC mask and parts layout as well, so that will help identify any inaccuracies in the schematic.  
 
 
 
Quick mod info: The range of the filter can be shifted up or down by replacing the two frequency-determing capacitors with higher or lower values. It was good for bass before, but this can make it better. Shifted up in range, it starts to take on Dr.Q-like qualities.
 
 
  Friday
Book Of The Day The Ultimate Tone, Volume III by Kevin O'Connor
Have you ever wondered if there is a better way to build a Bassman, Champ, Plexi, an 800, AC-30, Bulldog or Portaflex? Or you wanted to build an SVT with off-the-shelf parts? How about a master-volume amp that doesn’t change tone with the master setting? Everything you need to know is right here, including: proper grounding techniques, wiring methods, and mechanical considerations. Eighteen chapters cover the “iconic” amps everyone knows and loves, with schematics and layouts for each, along with the technical history of the product. Eyelet-board and chassis-mounted tube socket construction is used throughout, for easy servicing and modding. TUT3 is very accessible even if you cannot fully read a schematic and is a "must have" if you are going to build an amp for your self.

Note: The Ampage Archive is an Amazon Associate site. A small commission is paid to the site owner on any qualified purchase made after clicking an associate link such as the one above.
 
9/5/1999 2:29 AM
paul perry
email

I'd appreciate this, Mark! Thsnks.
 
   Page 1 of 1