ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Re: Phaser boards

6/12/1998 4:29 PM
hys chip
email
Re: Phaser boards
I see allide has the 2n5484 at 34 cents and circuit specailists over 10 at 32 cents.with newark clocking out an alltime high of 54 cents

6/10/1998 3:17 PM
R.G.
It also occurred to me that the 1590 BB would hold TWO of these boards stacked, so you *might* be able to do a cheapo Bi-phase.  

Working...

Tuesday
Book Of The Day The Ultimate Tone, Volume III by Kevin O'Connor
Have you ever wondered if there is a better way to build a Bassman, Champ, Plexi, an 800, AC-30, Bulldog or Portaflex? Or you wanted to build an SVT with off-the-shelf parts? How about a master-volume amp that doesn’t change tone with the master setting? Everything you need to know is right here, including: proper grounding techniques, wiring methods, and mechanical considerations. Eighteen chapters cover the “iconic” amps everyone knows and loves, with schematics and layouts for each, along with the technical history of the product. Eyelet-board and chassis-mounted tube socket construction is used throughout, for easy servicing and modding. TUT3 is very accessible even if you cannot fully read a schematic and is a "must have" if you are going to build an amp for your self.

Note: The Ampage Archive is an Amazon Associate site. A small commission is paid to the site owner on any qualified purchase made after clicking an associate link such as the one above.

6/8/1998 6:01 AM
jason
email
Re: MXR phase 45
how does the EH small stone compare with these?  
thanks,  
jason

6/8/1998 6:51 AM
Liam
email

It's a bit different. I find it much more subtle than the 45, but somehow... sorry, can't explain, but they're both VERY nice Phasers!

6/16/1998 7:55 PM
Justin
email

the EH small stone is MUCH more versatile than the phase 45 (i have both a vintage SS and made a clone from RG's "Issue J" schematic posted i think at leper's site).  
the main thing of interest is the "color" switch on the small stone.  
it takes your standard "phase" device and can make it very extreme w/ the flip of the switch. in the other position it may sound a bit more like a phase90.  
the phase 45 is VERY subtle.  
more like a nice "phrasing" device (not intended to say "phasing").  
it adds a smooth, little overtone (of course, it's a phaser, so that's the slight effect you hear).  
the 45 kind of adds a nice, slight effect (rhythm guitar is useful here), but it's disappointing if you want something drastic.  

justin

6/9/1998 8:10 PM
pHiL
email

Does anybody remember the EH Badstone? I think it was ment to be comparable to a phase 100. I had one of these for a while back in '79 at same time that I owned a Smallstone. Unfortunately the Badstone got ripped off. But as long as I had it, I never used the Smallstone... It sounded pretty good as I recall... almost chorus like. Never heard anybody else mention these.  

pHiL

6/8/1998 3:50 PM
David B.
email

Is it possible to add additional stages to the P45 to increase the phasing???  
David

<<First Page<Prev Page 5 of 6 Next> Last Page>>