ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Silvertone Amp Schematic

1/8/1998 6:03 AM
Dave Clothier
email
Silvertone Amp Schematic
I'm looking for a schematic for a Silvertone Model 1449 Amp-in-case, amplifier. I believe these were made by Danelectro.

1/8/1998 1:04 PM
-Y.
email

oooh,Dave, I would love that if you find it. Used to own one. Hated the guitar (not that it was bad, need a good set-up, just not my cup-of-tea), but I loved that amp. Someone was selling the chassis for one (I assume comeplete) here a few months ago, I didn't have the money for it at the time though.  

-Y.  
(wyatt)

Sunday
Book Of The Day The Ultimate Tone, Volume III by Kevin O'Connor
Have you ever wondered if there is a better way to build a Bassman, Champ, Plexi, an 800, AC-30, Bulldog or Portaflex? Or you wanted to build an SVT with off-the-shelf parts? How about a master-volume amp that doesn’t change tone with the master setting? Everything you need to know is right here, including: proper grounding techniques, wiring methods, and mechanical considerations. Eighteen chapters cover the “iconic” amps everyone knows and loves, with schematics and layouts for each, along with the technical history of the product. Eyelet-board and chassis-mounted tube socket construction is used throughout, for easy servicing and modding. TUT3 is very accessible even if you cannot fully read a schematic and is a "must have" if you are going to build an amp for your self.

Note: The Ampage Archive is an Amazon Associate site. A small commission is paid to the site owner on any qualified purchase made after clicking an associate link such as the one above.

1/9/1998 9:50 AM
Doc
email

Is this amp a battery powered transistor unit, or is it a low-power tube thing like a table radio circuit?  

I see these cases at guitar shows, but never looked close to see if their was a power cord....just assumed it was transistor for portability. Can you fill me in?  

Thanks,  
Doc

1/9/1998 11:59 AM
Dave Clothier
email

Doc  

It's a tube amp, which runs on wall current. It's about the same tube complement as a Fender Champ, with tremolo.

1/9/1998 3:21 PM
-Y.
email

Hmm, mine didn't have trem.  

Unfortunately I owned mine before my interest in this stuf cam about, so, I don't even remeber which tubes are in it. There are there tubes, I think at least one is a 12A?7. They were all smaller tubes (no 6V6's or anything), maybe the power tube was a 6BQ5? Pure AC power though, I would say around 5 to 10 watts maximum. Really great blues raunch tone.  

There is a store around the block that had one for sale. Maybe I can get the owner/tech to pop it open, if he still has it.  

-Y.

1/9/1998 3:31 PM
-Y.
email

The little I could find out over the phone with Action Music in Arlington, VA is that the tubes are:  

12AU6  
5OC5  
35W4  

Now, if I can ply him with enough liquor to crank the amp open...  

-Y.  
(wyatt)

Page 1 of 1