ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Help finding a part - Please

6/18/1998 11:01 AM
Bob K.
email
Help finding a part - Please
Does anybody know a source for the tube socket and shield, and tube data, for a 6C10 tube? This tube was used by Fender in their Super Champ amps. I believe that the tube is a 13 pin triple-triode. The tube is available from a bunch of different sources but I can't find the socket/shield anywhere. Neither have I been able to find a tube data sheet for this tube.  

Any ideas on where to look?  

Thanks,  

Bob

6/18/1998 12:34 PM
Jim S.
email

The 6C10 is a 12-pin tube (other similar 12-pin triple-triodes are the 6U10 and 6K11). Did you try Antique Electronics Supply? (Tempe, AZ). They tend to carry a lot of oddball stuff - maybe they carry 12-pin sockets. I've never seen a tube shield for this type of socket/tube; maybe you can do without one.  

As far as tube data goes, I'm fairly certain that all three triodes in this tube are high-mu - that is, they have similar gain to the triode sections in a 12AX7/7025/ECC83. If you can get a hold of a 6C10, you can probably figure out the pin-out easily enough by inspecting the pin-to-electrode connections inside the bottle.

Thursday
Book Of The Day The Ultimate Tone, Volume III by Kevin O'Connor
Have you ever wondered if there is a better way to build a Bassman, Champ, Plexi, an 800, AC-30, Bulldog or Portaflex? Or you wanted to build an SVT with off-the-shelf parts? How about a master-volume amp that doesn’t change tone with the master setting? Everything you need to know is right here, including: proper grounding techniques, wiring methods, and mechanical considerations. Eighteen chapters cover the “iconic” amps everyone knows and loves, with schematics and layouts for each, along with the technical history of the product. Eyelet-board and chassis-mounted tube socket construction is used throughout, for easy servicing and modding. TUT3 is very accessible even if you cannot fully read a schematic and is a "must have" if you are going to build an amp for your self.

Note: The Ampage Archive is an Amazon Associate site. A small commission is paid to the site owner on any qualified purchase made after clicking an associate link such as the one above.

6/18/1998 5:41 PM
Gary
email

Jim is right. Each section has a mu of 100. The pinout is:  
1,12 heater  
2,5,10 plate 3, 2, 1  
3,6,4 cathode 3, 2, 1  
11,7,9 grid 3, 2, 1  
8 don't connect( probably an internal connection)  

This was from an older RCA manual.  
Regards,  
Gary

6/19/1998 7:43 AM
Steve M
email

Bob,  

Here's the pinout for the 6C10:  

Base: 12BQ  

pin 1: filament  
pin 2: anode 1st triode  
pin 3: cathode, 1st triode  
pin 4: cathode, 3rd triode  
pin 5: anode, 2nd triode  
pin 6: cathode 2nd triode  
pin 7: grid, 2nd triode  
pin 8: IC  
pin 9: grid 3rd triode  
pin 10: anode, 3rd triode  
pin 11: grid 1st triode  
pin 12 filament  

For the tube sockets you might try Brendan at Costal concepts, AKA Tube World:  

tekman@execpc.com  

http://www.execpc.com/~tekman/parts.html  

I got some oddball sockets from him a while back  

Hope this helps,  

Steve

6/19/1998 7:48 AM
Bob K.
email

Thanks to all of you....the information was invaluable. I did find the tube and the socket.  

Thanks again.

6/19/1998 8:00 AM
Steve M
email

Bob,  

If you need some more tubes I have a couple leftover from when I had a Super Champ.  

Regards,  

Steve

Page 1 of 1