Tube Amps / Music Electronics
|For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum.||New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!
|Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!|
|previous: Gary J. Doug you are very correct, I allud... -- 1125332739||View Thread|
|8/29/2005 2:10 PM|
|BobW||Re: D-Clone - Robben Ford Dynamics|
Thanks Gary for your comments.
I also just completed my Hybrid REV A into a bassman head. Am having basically the same harshness using the following:
1. Using EL34s B+ approx. 465V
2. strat sounds too sterile in the OD mode until it's cranked above 60%. A soapbar Les Paul sounds much smoother but would like to use the strat more often.
3. Too much bass, (above 4)will have to tweak either tone section or stage coupling caps.
4. open back 2 10" jensen cab similar to open back tremolux cab.
5. Relay controlled by a Vdoubler from the heaters. Circuit is quiet with a coil snubbing diode.
6. overall amp is quiet using the preamp ground bus and star stage grounding scheme.
I plan to follow Gary J's suggestiona in the OD section, but any further suggestions are appreciated. Bob
|BobW The harsh sound was just a matter o... -- 8/30/2005 9:21 AM|
Dobb A treble trimmer at the input to th... -- 9/2/2005 9:36 AM