Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  
previous: Mick Hey All,Another rea... -- 1088111565 View Thread

Re: B+ Fluctuation

6/24/2004 8:30 PM
Dr. Photon
Re: B+ Fluctuation
if you want to go to a SS rectifier, I'd recommend making it switchable. I'd wire the cathodes of the diodes to an unused pin on the recifier or a tie point or something; and then replacing the standby switch with a center-off SPDT switch. this will allow you to select tube rectification, standby, and SS rectification at the flip of a switch. If you want to get fancy, you can get a DPDT center off switch (rat shack has one I think), and use that to also switch in a Zener to drop the voltage or swap out cathode bias resistors or something (making the bias track ins't as much of a worry as on fixed bias amps)