Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  
previous: dpcoyle So, what V and how many mA is that ... -- 10/15/2004 2:43 PM View Thread

Re: Transformer ?

10/15/2004 8:44 PM
Re: Transformer ?
A 724 will give over 1000V with cap input. Might work fine if you're building a 211 amp. Go straight for the 278CX (US) or 378CX for universal primary. Kevin O'Connor's book "Principals of Power" has plenty of design examples that should interest you. His website is . It's not an inexpensive book but, you won't regret buying it.