Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  
previous: jp Well, if you only need a little pow... -- 1/11/2000 10:29 PM View Thread

Re: Weird question!PP with single valve?

1/11/2000 11:33 PM
Randall Aiken
Re: Weird question!PP with single valve?
The Svetlana 6N1P dual triode is ideal for this purpose because it has a 2.2W dissipation per triode and a 4.4K Rp. It should be happy with a 17K or lower plate-to-plate load in push-pull.  
BTW, standard reverb trannies can't be used because they are single-ended, and have no center-tap. The Hammond 125D or 125E "universal" output transformers would be an excellent choice for this application.  
Randall Aiken