Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  
  View Thread

Wah ftswitch change? Or just raise amp volume?

7/13/1999 3:56 PM
fetWah ftswitch change? Or just raise amp volume?
1) My Dunlop Crybaby has always sounded good to me. But I've read here that I'll sound better with a DPDT footswitch in the unit. Question: rather than mess with my working, good-sounding wah, wouldn't simply turning the amp volume up a half-number compensate for the alleged "tone-sucking" effect of the original footswitch?  
2) Tboy, you da man.

Dave Chun The "tone sucking" phenomena ex... -- 7/13/1999 4:11 PM
Mark Hammer "Don't mess with success" is a good... -- 7/13/1999 5:19 PM