Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  
previous: Leeq Hi:I just acquired an old N... -- 6/26/2000 9:11 PM View Thread

Re: Help w/ A National VAL-TREM Amp

6/27/2000 5:39 PM
Scott Swartz
Re: Help w/ A National VAL-TREM Amp
You may be able to sub 6CZ5 for the power tubes. Pinout is similar to 6973, but 6973 has higher plate voltage rating (kind of like 6BQ5 vs 7189). I don't know what 6CZ5s are going for but has to be less than 6973s. Or just rewire the sockets to 6BQ5/EL84. All pinouts available at Duncan's Tube Search Database or whatever its called.