Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  
previous: Rick Erickson q{I've been thinking redoing the th... -- 5/23/2000 8:00 PM View Thread

Re: God of Tubes: Bless my hack!

5/23/2000 8:14 PM
Re: God of Tubes: Bless my hack!
Concertina is another name for the split-load phase inverter, the one with equal plate & cathode resistors like that used in a Princeton Reverb or typical Dynaco amp. I'm not sure of its origin, probably back in the '40s. There are three terms used pretty much interchangeably for the same simple one-tube circuit: phase splitter, split-load inverter, and concertina inverter.