Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  
previous: John Stokes Yo Bill, since the GT6V6HD is indee... -- 12/13/1999 10:17 PM View Thread

Re: 6v6 question

12/18/1999 2:28 PM
Dom G
Re: 6v6 question
Hi John,  
I recently bought a "supposedly stock" 68 princeton reverb thru the net. Turns out it has a diode rectifier, different pwr xfrmr, and GT6V6HD tubes. Out of curiosity I searched some groove tube sites and found at least one that states that this tube is a 7408. According to the RCA tube book, the 7408 is used in high quality audio circuits and has a filament current of .45 amps.  
Do you know if the 7408/gt6v6hd is the same tube, ie can be used interchangeabley? How can I find out for sure? How can I check the actual filament current draw. Thanx Dom

Steve M. Hi Dom,No the 7408 ... -- 12/18/1999 7:06 PM
John Stokes Dom, bummer, sounds like you were r... -- 12/19/1999 8:50 AM