Tube Amps / Music Electronics
|For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum.||New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!
|Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!|
|previous: Randall Aiken Yeah, I did know better, but it was... -- 7/7/2000 2:13 AM||View Thread|
|7/7/2000 3:35 AM|
|R.G.||Re: Mesa "special requirement" power tubes - long|
I'll take a few guesses:
1. All weigh pretty close to the same; within spec
2. Height matches
3. diameter matches
4. fits an octal base to close tolerances
5. heater temperature as measured by observed color of light emitted is very close
6. Electrons go **exactly** the same direction through all of them.
7. All conduct at least X current when hooked up as diodes (oops - that does tell about cathode emission, so it could conceivably be useful)
What do you think?
|Richie Still cracking up here reading this... -- 7/7/2000 4:42 AM|