Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  
previous: Terry Could you give me some sort of expl... -- 9/8/1999 7:00 PM View Thread

Re: Big Muff PI (from front page)

9/8/1999 7:51 PM
Dave Chun
Re: Big Muff PI (from front page)
In a nutshell, there are two ways to connect a  
cap and resistor. Either signal through the  
cap, then resistor to ground, and vice versa.  
Think of the BMP tone control; it's a combination  
of both, with the pot "panning" to select between  
the two.  
For a good primer on this sort of stuff, find a  
"Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering" book at  
your local library.