Tube Amps / Music Electronics
|For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum.||New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!
|Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!|
|previous: R.G. LXH2 website.... -- 4/6/1999 3:34 PM||View Thread|
|4/7/1999 5:28 AM|
|GFR||Re: Speaker Emulation EQ|
There are a few sources:
1) LHX2 website for the most accurate emulations of Marshall and Fender cabinets.
2) Guitar Player mag "tube preamp under $99" (in fact a SIAB copy). There's a simple (switchable) speaker emulator.
3) The unofficial H&K site has schematics of the Cream Machine, etc. all of them include simple emulators, I guess they are the same used in the Red Box.
4) Do a patent search for the GT speaker emulator, it includes a reactive load and a freq response simulation.
5) Many amps in the Tube Amp book have "compensated" recording outputs, but most of them are just RC low pass filters. The Mesa Studio Preamp has a passive RLC low pass filter that should be more accurate.
If you want to design your own, try an active low pass filter with a corner freq around 4KHz. You'll need at least a 4th order filter. You can add a switchable first order high pass filter to emulate open back cabinets.