ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Beware of Guitar Jones shipping & receiving lately

6/5/2006 11:14 AM
Zhangliqun
Beware of Guitar Jones shipping & receiving lately
They must have hired some new folks in shipping and receiving who are not clear on the concept of slug vs. screw bobbins but I've gotten my third parts order in a row with the wrong parts. In one case, it was delayed because they forgot to put the UPS label on the package so it came back to them. They sent it again and it made it to me, but still the wrong parts.  

I keep asking for black screw bobbins and they keep sending me black slug bobbins. I sent photos along this last time so hopefully it will work out.

6/5/2006 2:41 PM
GTarmn
You would think with all the freakin demands he has on buying from him he could at least get his shit together. One minute he tells me a 250.00 minimum order, then he tells me there is a 350.00 minimum on strat bobbins etc.... the dude is a nut job if you ask me. Which is it, 250.00 or 350.00. Jeeeeeeesus man. I had really hoped that guy who started a post about what parts everyone needed was going to come through but I guess it was all a hoax.

6/5/2006 2:45 PM
Zhangliqun

My first several orders were just fine -- although even though I got the right parts, they would occasionally have the wrong part number or color on the invoice.  

I really think he just probably hired some folks he now regrets hiring.

6/5/2006 5:10 PM
GTarmn
he is from Korea and from what I gather he has his family coming over a few at a time and thats who works with him. He is ok at english but his family doesn't speak very much english at all so the language barrier is a problem. I just called and talked to Alex and made sure he knew exactly what I wanted before I hung up the phone.

6/5/2006 5:29 PM
Zhangliqun

You're better off e-mailing him. Or so I thought.  

I have a lot of difficulty understanding him on the phone and I'm never sure he understands what I said. I figure if it's in writing at least he can read it over again. But even with that, the problems continue. If those 49.2mm bobbins weren't so good, I'd have given up on GJ for bucker bobbins.

6/5/2006 6:49 PM
jason lollar
they all do that alot.Chang...
they all do that alot.  
Changing suppliers will not alleviate high percentages of incorrectly filled orders or long waits on back ordered parts. Dont ask me why but I can attest to it.  
this is everyones #1 frustration, wait untill you get alot of orders, you have to look aheads 6 months- keep 6 months of supplies on hand- its bad.  

Alex has pulled through alot of times for me but you do have to spend alot of $ to get taken serious by any of them.  
Make as many parts on your own as you can and sit on alot of inventory.

6/6/2006 7:44 AM
Anonymous Re: Beware of Guitar Jones shipping & receiving lately
On 6/5/2006 8:41 PM, GTarmn said:  
quote:
"One minute he tells me a 250.00 minimum order, then he tells me there is a 350.00 minimum on strat bobbins etc.... "

He has nice stuff, but he really charges too much for a lot of it. He wanted a 200 piece minimum order on some pickup covers, because he doesn't stock them, and it was a special order, and that was almost $800!  

then I found out where he gets a lot of his stuff. I also heard he over prices some of it.  

Wikim International  
3rd Floor, Sanwon Bldg. 628-26 Jayang-dang  
Gwangjin-gu, Seoul, Korea  
Tel: 82-2-253-9511  
Fax:82-2-452-8555  
wik@wikim.com  

It would be nice if we all chip in together and buy some parts from these people!

Page 1 of 3 Next> Last Page>>