ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. The sunn still shines online!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Re: 3m will make anything - and reply to Greg Simon

:
5/17/2006 6:03 AM
Rob A
Re: 3m will make anything - and reply to Greg Simon
Wolfe  

The only time I see you around this forum is to call people out, like Benny, to espouse your methods like a know-it-all who is better than everyone here, and to oratate a certain level of superiority on pretty much every topic. Thanks!

5/17/2006 1:52 PM
Wolfe Macleod
Rob  
I made my apologies to Ben and explained why I called him out here. Yes, it made him look bad - maybe worse than I thought it would. I had hoped that it would kick his ass into the proper gear and produce a high quality product.  
Sorry if I'm not all nicey-nice and wishy-washy, but sometimes people needs thier asses kicked.  

As far as sounding like a know it all, I certainly don't mean to. But one thing to keep in mind is that I do this for a living - 16 hours a day, every day, all day. There are many aspects and methods where I really *do* know what I'm talking about. If I'm not sure of a topic or don't have anything vital to say, I don't post. If I know what I'm talkign about, then I do. After almost 9 years of doing this, I've learned a thing or two. I've dedicated my life to it.

5/18/2006 5:21 PM
Bob
Re: Warning Scotch 235 black paper tape DON'T USE
This is blackout tape designed for the photographic industry.They used to make it once a year - so when it was gone, it was gone. Terrific for sealing blackout blinds and doing running repairs on 'bounced' cameras. Never heard of anyone using it in any electrical/electronic context before.

5/17/2006 12:48 AM
Hummer
Why would it have conductive adhesive?

5/17/2006 4:03 AM
noobee
Wow Wolfe, aren't you glad when you first started out that everyone wasn't as closed minded as you? Maybe you wouldn't be where you are today if not for the help of other people. Stick the tape up your preverble behind, JERK!!

5/17/2006 1:35 PM
Wolfe Macleod
I'm sorry if you think I'm being a jerk about this.  

When I started out, EVERYONE was closed minded. Nobody except Jason Lollar and Lace would give any advice at all, whatesoever. Lace helped me figure out how to tension wire without breaking it..that's all. People like Dimarzio hung up on me when I called looking for simple advice. There was no pickup maker's forum, there was no AMPGE, no association or comraderie between pickup makers at all. I learned the hard way. This forum was originally started because of me, so please don't go saying that I'm closed minded or unwilling to help people. I've helped dozens, including several of you at one point or another. Some of those people who were helped by me give no credit, and that hurts.  
I've put in many, MANY 1000's of hours of time to hunt down these suppliers, right down to the actual manufacturer of the Allparts components, and have freely handed over this information with no question. Suppliers such as Allstar Magnetics, AZ industries, Ruklic Screw - you name it.  
If you don't think I've helped enough...then I don't know what to say.  

As I said in my previous post, when I raised hell about the tape, nobody cared. Now people care. I gave plenty of warning about the 235 tape, and notified people when I discovered it had been changed to conductive, and the adhesive sucked. And nobody cared.  
Sorry if I'm not being politically correct here, but I can't stand political correctness. People don't need thier hands to be held all the time.  

I'll give one clue about the tape: It's right under your nose. Someone we all deal with at one point or another has it.

5/17/2006 5:22 AM
Steve A.
Is it the adhesive that is conductive? It might be the tape itself, with carbon used to make it black. FWIW I ran into that problem with the black material used to make the eyelet boards in older Fender amps. (The gasket material I got is grey, which might not look vintage but it certainly works better.)  

Steve Ahola

<<First Page<PrevPage 2 of 12 Next> Last Page>>