ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. The sunn still shines online!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

P100

:
4/7/2006 9:07 PM
Mickey Boy P100
Anyone know the hook up for for the 2 coils on P100's is it the same as a normal humbucker or are they wired different,  
Mick

4/8/2006 8:19 AM
snooker
Hi Mick, I would think it would be like a normal humbucker, but I dont know, never owned one before.

4/8/2006 8:39 AM
Steve Dallman

There have been two versions of the P-100. One was wired in series and one in parallel. I don't know which was made first but the change was an attempt to get closer to the P-90 tone which the original didn't. I don't know if the second version was any closer.

4/8/2006 3:33 PM
Mickey Boy
Thanks guys , I,ll try both , anyone here already made one?  
Mick

4/8/2006 4:01 PM
snooker
No Not yet Mick, I'm not sure how the darn thing goes together. 2 P90 bobbins on top of each other with mags on the bottom?? Not sure how to go about it, not that i'm going to be making them, just curious about it. :)

4/8/2006 4:08 PM
Mickey Boy
The mags go in between the 2 bobbins , I think the polepiece screws would have to be longer but could be wrong , I'm going to give it a shot , just been over to the new forum , yep , someone has already mentioned about what went on here , why mention it there? apparently Dr Strangelove is working overtime to save this joint? Hm he must be using an alias!  
Mick

4/8/2006 4:13 PM
snooker
Ok Cool Mick, that makes sense, that would make the bottom coil the dummy coil, the mags would just affect the top coil. Yes I was over there and saw the same thing at the new forum. I like it here better, I cant make sense of the threads over there, very hard to follow. I'll stick around here. Looks as if we are the only people here other than a couple others?? Like I said, if we talk pickups why should there be a problem here?

Page 1 of 2 Next> Last Page>>