ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. The sunn still shines online!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

here's a topic....

:
3/10/2006 7:06 PM
micen2
here's a topic....
any good ideas or brainstorms anyone would like to share as far as a removeable pickup tray/holder that slides into a prototypicly-hacked strat guitar body to test pickups quickly....

3/10/2006 7:08 PM
micen2

or....what methods do you guys use to test pickups audibly...with out removing the strings and put them in your favorite axe?

3/10/2006 7:29 PM
stan

I basically copied Fralin's test guitar, a Strat style with the pickguard cut out so you can slide the pickups in at an angle under the strings and attach them. Works for singles and HB's.

3/10/2006 7:23 PM
micen2

hadnt seen it but in far away pics of him....do you have a clip of it or somwhere i can see it..?

3/10/2006 8:47 PM
stan

If you can find a copy of his Stew Mac video, it has a couple of semi close-ups. That is how I figured it out.

3/10/2006 7:39 PM
micen2

ah ok...thanks sounds like a minimally hacking idea

3/10/2006 7:18 PM
Gibson Guy
Well, hate to say it but I remove the strings and reinstall on every set or pickup I make to test out. Well actually I only loosen them and on my strat i'm able to slip the pickgaurd out under the strings, I have a longer than normal wire to the Jack so I can work on it. I still go through a lot of strings this way, after about 4 times of loosening them they start breaking.  

GG

Page 1 of 3 Next> Last Page>>