ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. The sunn still shines online!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

homade winder blueprints wanted

:
3/1/2006 6:12 AM
christian
homade winder blueprints wanted
does anybody know of any sources for schematics or blueprints to build a homemade winder? the closest ive came to was a winder on a old stew mac catalog.

3/1/2006 10:19 AM
Ugly Kid Joe
Why can't you just work out what you need and get building. It's not complicated and if you can't build a winding machine you'll be useless at making pickups. That's reality however unkind it may sound.

3/1/2006 2:32 PM
Kevin
Yeah, that WAS a bit unkind and uncalled for. Jason Lollar wrote a book on making a pickup winding machine that includes blueprints, parts list, etc. Unfortunately, it's out of print. But they pop up on EBay every once in a while. Good luck making your winder.  

Kevin

3/1/2006 3:13 PM
ake

http://designed2wind.alphalink.com.au/

3/1/2006 8:26 PM
GSP
I have saved a lot of time and had much better luck  
using already existing machines and altering them to  
be a bit more specific to what I was doing. Grizzly makes some really excellent (and inexpensive) variable speed wood lathes that can be modified for your needs as a begining winder.

3/2/2006 6:08 AM
christian

thanx for the info fellas ill probably end up copying the winder from an older stewart mac catalog, and on that note it seems ugly kids comments came from past personal experience.

3/2/2006 9:02 AM
Randy

I have the lollar book and have 3 bases built for Jason's winder. Hope to start them soon. I also got a back issue of Nuts and Volts magazine that has an article on building your own winder. It uses stepper motors and looks like it would work quite well.  

A while back someone posted links to a page where people had built winders out of lego kits. Not sure how reliable they would be but it made for a very entertaining read.  

Lets us know how you make out. I am always curious to see different ideas on winders.

Page 1 of 3 Next> Last Page>>