ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. The sunn still shines online!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

will a mini humbucker fit in p90 hole?

:
1/20/2006 10:54 PM
fenderhole
will a mini humbucker fit in p90 hole?
this may be easy question for you guys but i have a gibson double cut with p90's and the tone just isn't what i prefer. i would like to replace them with a set of mini humbuckers. will they fit in the stock p90 routing? if so is there anything special i have to do to get them to work/fit? are there any other alternatives?  
thanks for your time!

1/20/2006 11:01 PM
Roscoe
They will fit with the correct mounting ring and height adjustment bar that screws into the bottom of the pu rout. I'm talking about the old Les Paul deluxe type mounting hardware.

1/21/2006 7:35 AM
fenderhole

what do you think of the mini humbucker? i've heard some mixed feedback about them.

1/21/2006 9:21 AM
Roscoe
clean humbucker, less output than a full size. Depends on what you are looking for.

1/21/2006 12:50 PM
Spence

They can sound really sweet but most I've come across are really microphonic which is curable. Some Deluxe's have a really woody tone through those pickups and just ooze the blues.

1/22/2006 8:49 AM
Roscoe
I agree Spence, a deluxe seems to have just the right amount of everything, very smooth.

Page 1 of 1