ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

magnetizer for sale

12/30/2005 8:53 PM
Jason Lollar
email
magnetizer for sale
just like leo used to use- you supply the car or boat battery.  
Two big coils with steel poles, hook it to a battery, throw the switch (supplied) for a second and you can charge most common alnico magnets used for pickups, also will charge horseshoes.  
All wired and attached to a base. $125 plus shipping.  
If you dont know how to find me just put my name in google and follow your nose. I realize its not a for sale board but this is a good chance for someone to get in on a tool you may need.  
I got tired of fussing with my old battery and bought a commercial unit.

1/1/2006 8:44 AM
Kevin Swaim
email

Jason,  

If I hadn't just dropped money on a new mini-mill and a new dust collector, I'd be up for it, but the wife just put her foot down. Especially when I started getting all the tooling for the mill delivered via UPS.  

Her take on the mini-mill. "Why did you buy this stupid thing if you can't use it without these other stupid things?"  

My answer, "well you can't do much without the collets, arbors, vise, clamping kit, slitting saws, end mills and new measuring tools."

1/1/2006 3:53 PM
Joe Gwinn
email

On 1/1/2006 3:44 PM, Kevin Swaim said:  
[QUOTE]If I hadn't just dropped money on a new mini-mill and a new dust collector, I'd be up for it, but the wife just put her foot down. Especially when I started getting all the tooling for the mill delivered via UPS.  

Her take on the mini-mill. "Why did you buy this stupid thing if you can't use it without these other stupid things?"  

My answer, "well you can't do much without the collets, arbors, vise, clamping kit, slitting saws, end mills and new measuring tools."[/QUOTE]Thereby drawing a blank look? I would have been tempted to reply by asking why she needed all those measuring cups, spoons, knives, cutting boards, bowls, pots, pans, rolling pins, ... why wasn't the stove enough? But then I don't really like the taste of dogfood.

1/1/2006 1:31 PM
David King
Jason I'd be curious to know what you got to replace it?

1/1/2006 10:50 PM
Jason Lollar
email

Jason I'd be curious to know what you got to replace it?  
model 24 C magnatool  

You know, no battery, one of those commercial kind you can buy from magnet companies.

1/3/2006 11:48 AM
David King
Ah yes there is it, MAG24C  
I'm thinking about yours, I don't suppose it would run on a 10A battery charger, it needs that 500A surge... I see what you mean anyway, who wants a lead acid battery in the basement etc. Thanks Jason

1/3/2006 11:54 AM
Jason Lollar
email

the coil charger I have would not run on a battery charger, these chargers draw a huge amount of current!  
Basically like driving a van around with just the starter motor.

Page 1 of 2 Next> Last Page>>