ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Mitch Hedberg

11/19/2005 3:03 PM
Mark Hammer
Mitch Hedberg
I haven't followed his career all that closely, but I always made a point of staying up to watch if I heard he was going to be on one of the late-night shows, since I dug his sensibility. I was saddened to learn today that comedian Mitch Hedberg passed away earlier this year. The website does not say how, but whenever I hear people talk about "battling demons", and there is no mention of "lengthy brave battle with...", or comments about drunk drivers or street violence, one assumes that there is either a spur of the moment suicide or a drug overdose somewhere in there. I'm not trying to start a rumour, but I gather his passing likely had some lifestyle element in there. Far too common amongst comedians.  

If you weren't familiar with him, Mitch had a real sweet style, like an 11 year-old who was just starting to realize that there was this whole other way of understanding the world that grown-ups have, but he couldn't clue into it just yet. Sort of like Steve Wright but with Howie Mandel's unbridled energy.  

Damn shame. People who make you smile like that deserve to live longer.

11/20/2005 1:22 PM
ffffffffffffffffff
Never heard of him.

11/24/2005 12:31 AM
DanJ

"I had a stick of Carefree gum, but it didn't work very well.I felt pretty good while I was blowing that bubble, but as soon as the gum lost its flavor, I went back to pondering my mortality." -Mitch Hedberg

11/24/2005 7:44 AM
Mark Hammer
:) yep, THAT Mitch. I like his line about why he likes rice. It's great for when you're hungry and you want to eat a thousand of something.

11/24/2005 12:20 PM
fffffffffff
Way too deep for me.  

I'm more into the Three Stooges. Now there is some humor that can be appreciated.

Page 1 of 1