ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

success and god

10/15/2005 1:40 AM
Pierre Debs success and god
all this non-sense about god-marshalls and band signing has got me wondering. it seems to me that god is only making rather pretty people successful. I mean I rarely see some ugly fat ass greasy faced muther fucker winning awards on MTV.  

Is god biased against the uglier mofos in this world?

10/15/2005 3:38 AM
Dai Hirokawa
email

no, but evolution is... lol

10/15/2005 8:22 AM
anonymous Maybe...
MTV is the biased entity. There are certainly plenty of other-than-pretty folks making a living that will never get a minute of TV time except to be mentioned in passing as having played at the local county fair.

10/15/2005 11:06 AM
Eric H
email

quote:
"MTV is the biased entity. There are certainly plenty of other-than-pretty folks making a living that will never get a minute of TV time except to be mentioned in passing as having played at the local county fair."

There's making a living, and making a living.  
;-)  

Popular media is a reflection of popular taste.  
How that taste was developed gets into chicken-and-egg territory.  

There's this too:  
quote:
"A survey of Fortune 500 CEO height in 2005 revealed that they were on average 6 feet tall, which is 3 inches taller than the average American man. Fully 30% of these CEOs were 6 foot 2 inches tall or more; in comparison only 3.9% of the overall United States population is of this height."

--Eric

10/15/2005 11:20 AM
F__KingIdiot2
quote:
"Popular media is a reflection of popular taste."

*Exactly* my point. P(ee)-Air(e) thinks that God is manipulating the media.  

Your quote about CEOs just express the same situation applied to another industry.  

And I'm only 5'11". :( ;)

10/15/2005 11:15 AM
Dallas Dweller Re: success and god
[QUOTE]all this non-sense about god-marshalls and band signing has got me wondering. it seems to me that god is only making rather pretty people successful. I mean I rarely see some ugly fat ass greasy faced muther fucker winning awards on MTV.  

Is god biased against the uglier mofos in this world?[/QUOTE]  

I realize that God won't sue over anything and MTV very well might, and that it's just more fun to attack Diety than junk TV, but your comments show you to be as hateful and bigoted and *ignorant* as James Earl Ray (shot Martin Luther King) or Anthony Miller, a black mail who shot a white convenience-store clerk. Please try to contribute something useful, not more misery.

10/15/2005 1:12 PM
Pierre Debs
Thank you for your useful comparisons, all of which are absolutely not who I am.  

You are right about one thing: I hate all organized religion and I will do everything in my power to express my disgust for all things that have to do with organized religion............but not in the middle of a thread about a fender deluxe.  

Stick that in your hat.  

Have a nice day.

Page 1 of 8 Next> Last Page>>