ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. The sunn still shines online!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Hiroshima

:
5/9/2005 1:24 AM
pierre debs Hiroshima
Living in Germany, I am growing very tired of the constant holocaust guilt that is shoved down every germans throat. it is getting sick and really achieving the opposite.  

Why doesn´t this happen with the americans for the indians as well as the large number of dead killed in japan when they dropped the bombs. Surely these are also SINGULARITIES in history.  

pierre, can of worm opener

5/9/2005 3:15 AM
Anonorant
How many more people would have died, on both sides, had the bomb not been dropped and the war continued(a debatable #, for sure), and how many more people would have died, if the Nazis did not have death camps??

5/9/2005 4:46 AM
pierre debs
Maybe I am wrong, but the war was over when they dropped the bomb.  

How many people would have NOT died if the americans and the british bombed the death camps when they found out about them instead of letting them continue?

5/9/2005 4:57 AM
Anonorant
Blame america first! Yeah!

5/9/2005 5:06 AM
pierre debs
I am not blaming America!  
I am asking a friggin question?  
Chill

5/9/2005 5:21 AM
Anonorant
You might be right, but I think to bomb the camps filled with "innocents" that would parrish? (not that innocents did not perrish in the bomb). Wasn't it pretty much told to the Japanese that "if you don't surrender, we are going to drop a big damn bomb that you're not going to like"?

5/9/2005 6:18 AM
Mark Hammer
As someone who lost family members in those very camps, I have to say I am somewhat on-side with you. The "blame others" strategy never seems to go away. Somehow, the tragedy of Rwanda and other similar places is entirely a function of those people in the region, and never the responsibility, even in part, of those nations that had the wherewithall to stop it and stood around shuffling their feet.  

I think there IS considerable blame to be laid at the feet of the Third Reich for the Holocaust, and equal blame to be laid at the feet of their collaborators, but certainly NOT at the feet of those 3 generations later. I think what what contemporary germany feels most irritated about is the notion that somehow 110% of all conceivable blame is somehow theirs and theirs alone. It isn't. That doesn't reduce the contempuousness of what took place one iota.

Page 1 of 7 Next> Last Page>>