ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Great video of Mike Bloomfield at Monterey!

12/19/2005 12:38 PM
Steve A.
Great video of Mike Bloomfield at Monterey!
    Just ran across this link on another board:  

http://homepages.force9.net/afcworld/bloomfield.wmv  

Steve Ahola  

P.S. Perhaps someone can tell us if this is the same footage included on the "The Complete Monterey Pop Festival" 3-DVD set (the 3rd disk is outtakes from the movie).

12/20/2005 1:48 AM
Steve A.
Great video of Peter Green with Fleetwood Mac!
    That is Danny Kirwan on the first song, who breaks his high e-string. The second song is Peter Green by himself while Danny's guitar is being restrung:  

http://tinyurl.com/exmst  

Click on the FREE download button and then wait 30+ seconds for a "download ticket" and then type in the 3 characters on the screen... what a hassle but I think that it is worth it!  

Steve Ahola

12/22/2005 12:25 PM
MKB

Thanks for the videos, they are great! Shows what you get out of original sunburts, tube amps and talented fingers. Got any more videos like that??

12/20/2005 11:23 AM
Mark Hammer
Re: Great video of Mike Bloomfield at Monterey!
Wow!! Thanks a batch. I started listening to Bloomfield with the first Butterfield album but had never actually seen footage of the man in action. I gather this would be the among the first appearances of The Electric Flag, with Nick Gravenites on vocals, Harvey Brooks on Bass, and Buddy Miles on drums.  

Hmmmm, I guess you really DON'T need more than a decent Les Paul and blackface Twin.

12/20/2005 12:15 PM
Anonorant
Hmmmm, I guess you really DON'T need more than a decent Les Paul and blackface Twin.  

Ya got ~$200K in yer pocket (USD, not CAD, please)?

12/20/2005 12:49 PM
Steve A.

Mark said:  

So Al Jolson had a twin brother? I guess they must have been able to sing some very rousing duets... ("Row, row, row your boat...")  

:D  

Steve Ahola

12/22/2005 12:44 PM
Mark Hammer

"Mr. Brown"  

"Yes Mr. Interlocutor"  

"Would you be so kind as to play me a solo?"  

"A solo?"  

"Yes, Mr. Brown"  

"And what type of solo would you like, Mr. Interlocutor?"  

"Make that a blues solo, Mr. Brown, in A major"  

"But I'm afraid I can't Mr. Interlocutor"