ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Texas =Taxes.....

5/24/2005 9:07 PM
Joe Texas =Taxes.....
Man, Everything is BIG in Texas............  

Including Taxes...................  

What I mean is the central apraisal for homes seem to constantly climb here in Texas every 2 years seems they go up by at least $300.00 more on my home taxes  

Now up to $2703.00 for the year. I have a small home too. 1251 square feet total.  

Any one else in this boat??? Lets here from all who are getting (raked over the coals) by the CAD setting constantly hi taxing on homes!  

Joe

5/24/2005 9:19 PM
Boy Howdy
Lord knows I don't have to worry about taxes, but from what I've heard the reason property taxes are going through the roof is because the federal government is cutting taxes and shifting the burden of paying for services to the states, which results in said higher property taxes.

5/25/2005 7:50 AM
Earl
email

texas has no income tax.

5/25/2005 11:20 AM
Charlie
They have a sales tax instead,which I think is more fair to working people but seems to be abused by the wealthy.

5/25/2005 11:49 AM
mod
how can sales tax be abused? it's not like you can refuse to pay sales tax.

5/25/2005 11:53 AM
Mark Lavelle
email

quote:
"They have a sales tax instead,which I think is more fair to working people"
Depends on your definition of fair, I guess...

5/25/2005 12:12 PM
Earl
email

Sales tax is very regressive. Folks who make enough to save some don't pay it on what they save. However folks who live hand to mouth pay it on every penny. not fair to working people by my reckoning.

Page 1 of 5 Next> Last Page>>