ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum.

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Good luthier/guitar tech in Denver?

:
6/27/2005 11:32 AM
steve
Good luthier/guitar tech in Denver?
I just recently put together a parts strat from mostly Warmoth parts (neck, body, bridge, pickguard). It went together okay, but it really could use a professional set up: setting the intonation, getting the buzz out, setting the action and truss rod.  

Anybody know of anyone good in the Boulder/Denver metro area who can do a good strat set up?  

TIA,  

Steve

Today
ampage
archive
And now, a word from our sponsors:

6/30/2005 4:43 AM
Brad1

You may try Scott Baxendale at Colfax Guitar Shop:  

http://www.colfaxguitarshop.com/  

I've been happy with his work on a couple of guitars that I just did not want to try to tackle.  
He's an established and respected luthier, and has fair pricing. There was another guy in the north area that people keep recommending, but I don't have his name at the moment.  

Also, Uncle Kit's:  

http://www.picknparlor.com/  

in Olde Town Arvada could probably do it, but they're a bit more concentrated on the acoustic side of things. They did a great job on my Gibson J45 a few years back. A long time before, I was living a mobile home (OK...I was trailer trash)...and one winter day the heat went out. I was working 12 hour shifts. It was about 12 degrees that day. Needless to say, it got cold fast. The guitar was on a stand. When I went to play it next, it was horribly out of tune...and then I felt it. The neck had cracked between the 2nd and 4th frets. For years, I just slapped a capo on the 4th fret, and tuned that to standard, to keep it slackened. I finally decided to have it fixed. (I could finally afford it). I think it was around $150 for the repair and setup, and well worth it. You have to look hard to tell it was ever broke. I can pull that thing out of the case after months, and it's still in perfect tune. (It lives in it's case now;)).  
Anyway, there's a couple places you may investigate.  

Brad1

6/30/2005 7:52 AM
steve

Brad,  

Thanks for the recommendations, I'll check them out.  

Regards,  

steve

8/8/2005 1:18 PM
dumbassbob
Hey Brad,Stop trying to out bid me on Ebay,you drive the price way up and then walk away

7/1/2005 10:45 PM
Steve A.
Lex Luthier...
    ... but he lives in Metropolis with the Jimmy Olsen twins.  

Ouch!  

Steve Ahola  

P.S. Sorry for the shameless hijacking of your post for a stupid joke but it's Friday night!

7/2/2005 3:17 PM
Mark Lavelle

There's a special circle of hell reserved for people who make puns that bad, Steve.... ;)

Page 1 of 1