ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Seen a used Traynor YBA-1 at pawnshop today.

10/28/2005 1:12 PM
Humbucker
email
Seen a used Traynor YBA-1 at pawnshop today.
Seen a used Traynor YBA-1 at pawnshop today. It's in really fine condition too. I've read that these were really good amps but I think they're maybe asking too much money.  

The head is going for $500.00(CAN) and the matching cabinet with a 15" speaker is going for $300.00(CAN).  

Here's a link with a picture of this head, it's the picture at the top of the page.  

Link:  
http://www.tone-lizard.com/Traynor_Amplifiers.htm

10/28/2005 1:40 PM
loudthud
email

The price seems a little high but not too much if it's in the mint museum piece category. At that price you should expect at least good working condition and not something that needs new tubes and a cap job. If the cabinet is a single 15, it's pretty rare (at lease in the US) so the price isn't completely out of line subject to the same restrictions. The amps come up frequently on ebay and prices have been going up. Naturally, Guitar Center tries to get $800 (US) and gets no bids.

10/28/2005 2:32 PM
Humbucker
email

I think I did see another tube next to the two power tubes and three preamp tubes, but I'm not certain.  

And it does have a Traynor logo on the front. It's actually in very good condition. Too bad I'm broke!  
8^)  

But I really don't need another amp anyway.

10/28/2005 10:17 PM
Bruce /Mission Amps
email

Hey I have one of those old Traynor small box heads with a rectifier tube and tremolo.  
Is it worth anything?  
Bruce

10/31/2005 11:06 PM
Chuck
email

Sure Bruce, mail it to me and I'll give you back the fifty bucks you probably paid for it ;)

11/1/2005 3:28 PM
regis
Hell, I'll offer a hundred bucks and a six pack of beer.

11/16/2005 11:26 AM
cgiff
email

Humbucker,  
The amp at the top of the page is similar to 2 that I own, converted both to Matchless chieftain circuits. $500 is too much $300 tops. They were good amps 35- 40 years ago, now you'd want to improve. look at it for salvage.PT,OT,Choke, Chassis knobs,etc. ~$300. Electrolytics are likely on the edge. Hardware is top end. though  

I bought my second amp in a private deal with a 15 inch Garnet cab for $200 CDN. I ended up using the iron, chassis and pilot light. Everything else was replaced including tube sockets. By the way often times the bakelite tube sockets would arc out on these guys. Happened to myself and friends in the 70's very high plate voltage.  

Cgiff

Page 1 of 1