ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

silvertone 1481

12/23/2004 6:36 PM
james hart
email
silvertone 1481
hello. does anyone know some good mods for the silvertone 1481 ? i'm thinking of adding caps on the cathode resistors.would 25v caps be big enough? the schematic shows none. also, it looks to be cathode biased, correct ? are those tin can filter caps available, would it be better to rebuild the fcap section, maybe like dan torres shows in his book?.i would really appreciate any responses. thank you

12/27/2004 8:43 AM
rooster
Is this James from Arizona?  

rooster.

12/27/2004 12:36 PM
james hart
email

hi rooster , yes, this is james from ariz. did i get this amp from you?

12/27/2004 3:47 PM
rooster
No, but you had your Bassman rebuilt by me. Give me a call, and we'll get that Silvertone going.  

rooster.

1/2/2005 4:53 PM
Rick V
email

Zack, at VibroWorld sells replacement capcans for that amp. I think I paid $22. I put an 8" Jensen Mod speaker in mine. Sounds really good in that amp.

1/3/2005 3:18 PM
james hart
email

thanks rick, i haven't been able to find the right capcan for this. did you cut a larger hole in the baffle for the speaker? i was wondering if the capcan would hit the back of a larger speaker.

1/5/2005 5:56 AM
Rick V
email

I had a Jensen C10Q in mine for a while & it cleared all components, including the capcan. I didn't care for the tone, so I put the Mod 8" in. Sounds real good. Had to cut out the original baffle about 1/2". I think the original as a 7.5" Fisher.  

The grill cloth we disgustingly dirty. I carefully removed it and sprayed it with Oxyclean & rinsed in cold water after a few minutes. Repeated a couple times. It came out looking like new grill!!!

Page 1 of 1