ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum.

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Re: Marshall 9005

:
6/24/2005 4:35 PM
Pete
Re: Marshall 9005
Hey Joe and Wild Bill, thanks for the good info but I am a beginner at modding even though I have a degree in electronics from '92(I play with computers instead of circuits so I forgot alot). And the course covered tube theory in about....one day! If this is going to be a hard job for a more seasoned tech then I will bench it for when I get back up to speed. I notice alot of diy projects on Ampage and I was thinking maybe it would be easier to experiment and perhaps build a small rack mounted power amp that fits me. Is this a good avenue?  
And yea, I like to tune to D standard and drop every once in awhile. I dont play the same riff over and over again though. Ha!!

Today
ampage
archive
And now, a word from our sponsors:

6/24/2005 5:38 PM
Joe N

Pete, What I came up with is this. Since alot of the lowend you liked came from the bass channel of the plexi (the bass came after the preamp (rock pro), but before the poweramp of the superlead) why not just buy an external EQ and put it in the loop of the Rock Pro? It wouldn't hurt to try at the very least.  
Joe N

6/29/2005 6:38 PM
Pete

Joe, Perfect! I went and bought an 31 band eq and now I have a great sounding amp. Valve power and preamp with great tones. Thank you.

6/29/2005 9:56 PM
Joe N.

Always happy to help! or at least try.  

Joe N.

<<First Page<PrevPage 2 of 2