Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

What does this do?

4/30/2006 9:22 AM
Satamax What does this do?
Hi everybody!>  
What does this thing when you input some AC in?  
4/30/2006 11:54 AM
Erik Runeson
There seems to be a spelling error in the link to the image - should read:  
Anyway, it is a simple first order highpass filter.  
There is no point in having two caps in series like this, they can be replaced with a single cap with half the value (110p).
4/30/2006 2:25 PM
Thanks a lot Eric!  
Well, i drew it this way, because each cap dephasing the curent by 90 degres, i thought the curent out of the resistor would be 180 degres out of phase with with the one out of the caps, but i realize that it might not be that simple :D They form a smaller cap when in series, so it might not behave as expected dephasing teh signal. That's why they use a center resistor in bridged T filters? It's a high pass then, huh, does it act as a high pass to the ground when used as a cathode bypass circuit on a preamp valve?  
Thanks again. Max.
   Page 1 of 1