ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: visit Schematic Hell!

The sunn still shines online!

:
Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Need funny footswitch

:
2/11/2006 6:01 AM
Rick Adams Need funny footswitch
Since there's no footswitch forum I guess this one's as good as any...  

I'm building a footswitch for several functions, using five switches. Two are for the regular switch functions of a Twin Reverb and they work fine. The other three are for programmable functions on my rack effects unit. The problem I've run into is that one of these needs to be a momentary contact DPST, not an SPST. SPST's work fine for the other two but I can't find a stompbox-style heavy duty momentary DPST switch similar to what I already have in the SPST's. Mouser doesn't seem to have anything and the few examples I saw that might even work at all were incredibly expensive (I'm not willing to spend $25 on this switch!).  

Does anybody have any ideas about where to look?  

BTW, I built this whole thing into a six muffin baking pan. I'ts most retro! :-)

2/11/2006 6:20 AM
loverocker
Am I being dim here: can't you just use a momentary DPDT and ignore one side?  

I am being dim, aren't I :-?

2/11/2006 8:36 AM
Rick Adams
No, it's a valid question, and I did think of that. But finding the appropriate stompbox-duty momentary DPDT isn't easy either. You can get momentary SPDT's from Weber for practically pennies. Pity they don't have DPDT's too. If it didn't have to be a momentary switch it would also be easier, but if it isn't momentary you get results like your patches continuing to increment until you press the switch a second time.

2/11/2006 8:50 AM
Steve Dallman

Antique Electronics Supply  

http://secure.tubesandmore.com/  

has a momentary DPDT for $5.95, part #P-503. Use one side as loverocker suggests.

2/11/2006 2:00 PM
Rick Adams
Excellent! Thanks, Steve. I need to order some stuff from them anyway so I cn piggyback the switch onto the order.

2/12/2006 5:24 AM
loverocker
It's official: I am less dim that I thought I was :)

2/11/2006 3:28 PM
Dan

Rick,  
You gotta show us a picture of that Muffin tin footswitch box. I've made a few stompboxes with the really small size (personal loaf size)

Page 1 of 3 Next> Last Page>>