ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Re: Update

9/30/2005 8:56 PM
Zinky Re: Update
What about those bleeder resistors? Do they ever go bad? I've got a Super Reverb whose voltage are also pretty low, just like Carlo. I changed the capacitors less than 10 years ago, I'm a weekend gigger, not real hard on my amp, I don't crank it to distortion, play it pretty clean.

10/14/2005 2:33 PM
Carlo Pipitone
email
Re: Low B+ in SF Vibrolux Reverb
AN UPDATE.  

1) My mains voltage is 240VAC. In the last year or so I have been keeping the voltage selector at 240VAC, and with this setting now I read the above discussed low B+. If I put the selector on 220V (which used to be the mains voltage until a couple years ago) the B+ bumps to specs value (460-470VDC). May I leave the selector on 220VAC and have the expected B+, or I stress the PT too much? (BTW, it's possible that my previous readings of 470 V B+ were done with the selector on 220VAC).  

2) What VAC should I read on any lug in the voltage selector? Now I am reading (black probe to chassis ground) between 50 and 70 VAC circa on any lug: is this normal or there is a big trouble in the power tranny? I never noticed the AC voltages in this area before.  

Carlo

<<First Page<Prev Page 3 of 3