ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. The sunn still shines online!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Re: Ernest R. Aiken...RIP

:
5/12/2005 8:34 AM
Dirty George
Re: Ernest R. Aiken...RIP
I would like to join with all of you in extending my sympathy to Randall and the Aiken family. I still feel the loss of my father as the 5th aniversary of him passing approaches. But time does ease the pain.  

DG

5/12/2005 3:34 PM
SpeedRacer
Sorry to hear the news Randall..  
Just know we're thinking about you way up north.  

- Joe

5/12/2005 3:38 PM
Ben N

My condolences--as odd as it is in this medium, but knowing Randall from this medium, and knowing you to be a fine and decent guy, I feel for you, and wish you and your family comfort from your loss.  

Ben

5/13/2005 7:53 AM
rooster
Condolences to R.A. and the rest of his family.  

rooster.

5/15/2005 1:13 PM
Jack

Randall,  
Just wanted to say you're very much appreciated in this community. Wishing you and family strength and support in these trying times.  

Jack Koochin

5/15/2005 4:36 PM
MBSetzer

Sadness and pain are difficult to put into words sometimes because we all have a different point of reference.  

I remember in the late '90's when Randall was visiting here very often, so many times he would come up with the most meaningful explanations of commonly observed problems. Other times he had completely new ideas in a field where most everything has already been done.  
I think that comes from knowing (and understanding!) more than most about what has already been tried to begin with, and being more interested in continuing that same type of historical progress.  

It's not easy to make this kind of an impression, and it doesn't happen completely without controversy.  

Above and beyond any leadership ability, the gentlemanliness with which this was done seems like it could have come from a very great father.  

but I do know the loss is heavy and the pain is difficult to accomodate.  

My deepest sympathies to Randall & family  

Mike Setzer

5/16/2005 7:10 AM
Casey4s

His Family has my thoughts and prayers...  

Casey4s

<<First Page<PrevPage 2 of 2