ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Building a 410 for bass

10/28/2004 3:27 AM
Nyquist5 Building a 410 for bass
Hi,  

I don't know if this is the right forum but I'd like to build a 410 enclosure for bass. Can anyone point at a website giving infos on dimensions and such?  

I looked through google but couldn't find anything!  

Nyquist

10/28/2004 5:14 AM
Le Basseur
Take a look at  
www.epifani.com  
They make excellent bass cabs and it's not very hard to clone one of their boxes.The problem is,what kind of drivers you intend to use?

10/28/2004 8:26 AM
Nyquist5
Hello fellow frenchman,  

Well I am going to use celestion G10T75, which despite their name are actually bass speakers. I can get them for real cheap, hence the idea to make the cab.  

Thanks for the link. I had a look through the site but found no info on dimensions or baffle cut-outs (vents sizes and so on). Did I miss something?  

A+  

Nyquist

10/28/2004 10:02 AM
dr. blues
try here:  
http://www.linearteam.org  

hth  

ciao...dr. blues

10/28/2004 2:10 PM
jaysg
email

What most people (and companies, Carvin for example) have done, is to copy someone else's cab. SWR is the source for a number of them. fwiw, I don't know if I could justify the hassle when compared to buying the Avatar Neo 410 outright. Not really helpful for Europeans I suppose. He does give dimensions. I'd guess that the 25 x 27 x 16.5 represents a 25 x 25 with 2" extra added for the bottom shelf port. You'd just experiment with shelf depth if you didn't have a reference. www.avatarspeakers.com

10/28/2004 3:37 PM
Le Basseur
quote:
"I am going to use celestion G10T75"

Good choice.  
About the Epifani site,sorry for misinforming you but they changed the look of the site a few weeks ago (I knew the old format where you could see as a background image some blueprints of their cabs,containing dimensions and shapes...surely,someone thought it's a mistake and they removed that background).Further,you could still be inspired by Epifani's products.The point is that they managed to reduce a cab's construction to a minimum ("less is more"),free form all those fancy building gimmicks extensively used by others.The key is to use the best plywood you can afford instead of MDF or alike.As someone else said already,the ports are prone to testing.A dedicated software gives a partial image of what you get from a box and this image doesn't allways correspond to your taste.Just try some different lenghts and you'll know by ear how close are from your expectations.  
quote:
"fellow frenchman[/QUOTE]and[QUOTE]A+"

Sweet...but,for the "n"th time:o...I'm not French,"Le Basseur" is just an old nick...:D

10/29/2004 1:20 AM
Nyquist5
Sorry about that! So I'll be the only frog on this board then...  

Thanks to all of you for the links and various info anyway.  

Nyquist

Page 1 of 2 Next> Last Page>>