ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Santana switches to Dumble!

9/10/2004 3:34 PM
ian Santana switches to Dumble!
http://www.musicplayer.com/lounge/setups/santana.htm

9/10/2004 4:42 PM
Cole Davis
email

Heh, it doesn't mention how long it took to get the amp (I heard 3 years) and that Santana was forced by AD to sell off another "D" style amp he had before he could take delivery.

9/13/2004 9:50 PM
Steve A.
email

Cole:  

... and that Santana was forced by AD to sell off another "D" style amp he had before he could take delivery.  

Hmmm... any hints as to which variety of D-clone that might have been? ;)  

BTW right about the time that Supernatural came out there was an interview with Carlos in GP and he mentioned that he had a favorite Marshall head that he brought along to all of his studio gigs. I'll see if I can dig that up.  

Steve Ahola

9/14/2004 6:41 AM
MKB
email

I also read an article where he is using A Broun Soun 4X12 cabs with the hemp alnico speakers with the Dumbles.  

I wonder what Randall Smith thought when he read all that about the Dumble switch...

9/14/2004 7:22 AM
Chris @ CMW amps
email

"I wonder what Randall Smith thought when he read all that about the Dumble switch..."  

Where's my lawyer? :D LOL  

Chris

9/14/2004 7:59 AM
Cole Davis
email

Hmmm... any hints as to which variety of D-clone that might have been?  

I read it on another board, but IIRC it was a Fuchs, but it could have been a Two-Rock. I'll double check.

9/14/2004 12:41 PM
jaysg
email

Someone calling themselves 'tone slut' stated that he had a Two Rock and a Fuchs. No link was given. Neither Two Rock, nor Fuchs list him as a famous owner, therefore I'm suspicious. The tidbits I do find, indicate that Santana was relatively unaware of the ODS before he played through one.

Page 1 of 2 Next> Last Page>>