ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum.

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Marshall 18 watt schematic like old plexi?

:
12/19/2004 1:47 AM
Glenn W. Marshall 18 watt schematic like old plexi?
Can any one point me to a marshall 18 watt schematic with the treble-mid-bass control setup like the old non master amps?  

Also does these 18 watters sound better than a 36 watter with more oomph or do the 18 watters sound as good as a 50 watter just much lower volume?  

Who all likes these 18 watt amps as opposed to the 50 or 100 watt versions?  

The 18 watt seem to get rave reviews but I'm used to the 50 watt non master, just need a lower powered marshall to keep the family from getting irrate. LOL..........  

Thanks for any help given  

Glenn

Today
ampage
archive
And now, a word from our sponsors:

12/19/2004 9:52 AM
jaysg
www.18watt.com

12/19/2004 5:40 PM
Jon Fleig

If you want to keep the family from getting irate, you are probably going to want a much less powerful amp than even 18 watts.  

It only takes about 1/2 watt to fill a bedroom with cranked amp-tone.  

2 x EL84 amps like the 18 watt are plenty for gigging small clubs without a PA.  

If you really want a lower-powered plexi, there's  
Mark Huss's 6V6 plexi:  

http://www.mhuss.com/Plexi6V6/index.html  

The AX84 project has a 2 x EL84 plexi-like amp:  

http://www.ax84.com/november.html  

-Jon

12/25/2004 2:32 PM
Richie

we also have a 36 watter on the 18 watt.com site.  

I made some sound files of it,through a 4x12..its a head version..it has a few different things going. But it has an 18 tone volume channel..and a TMB channel with a feedback switch. It will do what a 50 watter does,and more.. volume is also pretty close to what a 50 amp sounds like.  
Richie

12/28/2004 7:57 AM
Shea

quote:
"Can any one point me to a marshall 18 watt schematic with the treble-mid-bass control setup like the old non master amps?"

Because you said "marshall 18-watt schematic...", I'm not sure if you realize that Marshall never offered an 18-watter with a treble-mid-bass tone stack. So, check out the TMB schematics that the others have referred to, but you won't find an official Marshall schematic for an 18-watter with a full tone stack.  

Shea

12/29/2004 9:53 PM
Mitch N.
capacitor! resistor!

1/14/2005 10:40 PM
Glenn W.
capacitors! resistors!  
What are these ???? LOL......

Page 1 of 1